Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
At Newchurch Community Primary School, we recognise that the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop their own values and beliefs, spiritual awareness, high standards of personal behaviour, a positive caring attitude towards other people, an understanding of their social and cultural traditions and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures.
At Newchurch, we aim to ensure;
- That everyone connected with the school is aware of our values and principles
- A consistent approach to the delivery of SMSC issues through the curriculum and the general life of the school
- That a child's education is set within the context that is meaningful and appropriate to their age, aptitude and background
- That children have a good understanding of their responsibilities
- That we promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs