Personal Social Health Education (PSHE)
Our school curriculum is underpinned by the core values that we hold dear at our school. This is known as the R curriculum. As a school we promote the values of respect, resilience, reciprocity, resourcefulness, reflection and responsibility.
Each week, the classes have a discrete PSHE lesson which is linked to our bespoke PSHE curriculum.
- Reciprocity Long Term Plan.docx
- Resourcefulness Long Term Plan.docx
- Reflectiveness Long Term Plan.docx
- Responsibility Long Term Plan.docx
- Resilience Long Term Plan.docx
- Respect Long Term Plan.docx
Newchurch Primary School Paints the Village Blue.
On the 17th November (to mark the end of National Anti-Bullying week), Newchurch Primary School decided to make a lasting impression on their pupils and the village that they live in. For many years Newchurch has been recognised for their excellent work on Anti-Bullying and has achieved gold award in the ‘Warrington Wise up Awards’ for 2 consecutive years. This year the school decided that they wanted to spread their message further so contacted local businesses, schools and places of interest to join with them in making a ‘Zero Tolerance to Bullying Pledge’. The pledge showed a full commitment to:
Educating all stakeholders on what constitutes bullying
Ensuring we are developing a culture where whistle blowing and disclosing bullying incidents are seen as everyone’s responsibility
Dealing with any incidents of bullying and making every attempt to ensure this is stopped and does not reoccur
The children at Newchurch were delighted with the response and each class visited a different partner. We would like to thank: The Culcheth Arms, Sainsbury’s, Glazebury Primary School, Newchurch Parish Church, Culcheth High School and Culcheth High School for taking part in this pledge. We congratulate you in committing to making our village a happier and safer place to live, work and thrive in.
To raise the profile of this message Newchurch dressed the village in blue bows this included post boxes, lamp posts, railings as well as the doors of the business, schools and places of interest taking part in the pledge. The children and parents also wore blue ribbons on the 17th November.
We hope this pledge will be a full village pledge next year so if anyone is interested in joining us please contact the school office for more details.
- Year 1 Antibullying Week Planning.pdf
- Year 2 Antibullying Week Planning.pdf
- Year 3 Antibullying Week Planning.pdf
- Year 4 Antibullying Week Planning.pdf
- Year 5 Antibullying Week Planning.pdf
- Year 6 Antibullying Week Planning.pdf
- Year 1 And Tango Makes Three Planning.pdf
- Year 3 Are you a boy or a girl.pdf
- Year 2 King and King planning.pdf
- Year 4 The Sissy Duckling.pdf
- Year 5 Pride the story of Harvey Milk.pdf
- Year 6 This Day in June.pdf
Healthy Snack Ideas
Fancy eating a tasty snack without feeling guilty about the calories? Below are a few quick and easy snack ideas for you and your children to try at home. If you have any recipes you'd like to share, please get in touch with Mr Singleton and we can add them to the list.