Relationship and Sex Education
As a school we have statutory duty to provide our children with a Sex and Relationship Education (SRE). We will be teaching this unit of work in the last half term of the year. The National Curriculum for Science covers the following areas:
Key Stage one
• Animals, including humans, move, feed, grow, use their sense and reproduce
• Children should recognise and name the main external parts of the human body.
• That humans can produce offspring and these grow into adults
• Children should recognise similarities and differences between themselves and other and treat others with sensitivity.
Key Stage two
• Life processes common to humans include nutrition, growth and reproduction
• The main stages of the human lifecycle.
So that you can see the details of what will be covered in each class, please see planning below. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to speak with your child’s class teacher.