Early Help Offer at Newchurch Primary School
Early help means taking action to support a child, young person and their family early on when a situation emerges. It can be required at any stage in a child’s life from pre-birth through to adulthood and applies to any situation or need that the family cannot deal with or meet on its own. Early Help is a strength-based approach enabling families to develop the skills to prevent issues from getting worse by offering the right support at the right time.
Any professional working with a family, such as those based in schools, health services, or in voluntary sector organisations, can offer early help services by responding to identified needs in order to offer advice, support and intervention. Early help is provided to prevent or reduce the need for statutory or social care interventions wherever possible.
We want the services supporting children and families to work much more closely together, forging lasting and meaningful relationships that improve the lives of the children of Warrington in the short, medium and long term, whilst enabling families to develop skills to be independent and feel empowered.
Listed below are some of the services the school can offer you:-
- Mrs Narraway and Mr Duckett are available to talk to parents/carers each morning to discuss any concerns you may have regarding behaviour, learning or any other support you require. Alternatively, you can book an appointment with her via the school office on 01925 763427.
- Support to complete forms and other paperwork such as high school admissions.
- Meetings with Mrs Narraway and Mr Duckett are available to meet with parents/carers to discuss any concerns you may have regarding your child’s behaviour or learning. If further support is required, a key member of staff will be allocated as your point of contact, either Mrs Narraway, Mr Duckett or Mrs Sizer.
- Referrals to outside agencies such as: the Family Outreach Team, parenting courses, our School Health Advisor, St Joseph’s Family Centre, Play/Art Therapy and local children’s centres.
- Early Help Assessments which involvs listening to you to find out what help you need and talking about what is working well in your life. Based on what you say and what help you would like, a plan is put together so that professionals can work together to make sure you get the right sort of help.
- At Newchurch Primary School, our Safeguarding Team meet each half term to identify any children and families who would benefit from early help. It allows them to access services in the school and beyond to support identified vulnerable pupils.