The Collaborative Learning Group is a family of Warrington Primary Schools who work together on the principles of aspirational collaboration, open and honest relationships and mutual support in order to improve outcomes for all pupils.
The aims of the Collaborative Learning Group are to:
- Facilitate school improvement across the cluster of schools within the CLG
- Develop the workforce through high quality CPD/ leadership provision
- Build capacity within the CLG to ensure all schools are on the pathway to good or outstanding
- Develop and share good practice across the CLG
Brook Acre Primary School
Grappenhall Heys Primary School
Locking Stumps Primary School
Newchurch Community Primary School
Stockton Heath Primary School
The Cobbs Infant and Nursery School
Culcheth Primary School
There are a number of nurseries which feed into Newchurch and the school works hard to foster links with them. Our Reception team visit the nurseries and read stories to the children and the pre-school children are invited to attend dress rehearsals, attend Forest School and other events in school.
Newchurch has links with:
- Newchurch Pre-School
- Culcheth Day Nursery
- ABS Pre-School
Each year the children perform Christmas carols at Newchurch Parish Church for the community. This is a highlight of the school year and really brings the festive spirit to our friends and family in the local area.
As part of the local history studies and Religious Education, the children will visit the church to explore the surroundings and the symbols within the church.
As a feeder primary school, Newchurch works very closely with Culcheth High School. Throughout the year, the school looks for opportunities for our Year Six children to make use of the facilities available to them at the high school. This involves:
- the use of computing equipment
- performing the Year Six end of year production in the drama studio
- using the food technology equipment
- being an audience for the many performances held at the high school
- engaging in sporting events
In particular, Newchurch is exceptionally proud of the Robins to Newchurch Project, a collaborative programme created by subject leaders at Newchurch and their counterparts at the high school to aid transition; facilitating Year Seven readiness. The outcome of the project has been cascaded to other feeder schools to Culcheth High School.
More recently, children in the Art and Performing Arts departments came to perform and exhibit their collaborative work as part of our RobinFest.